I like the idea of releasing samples concurrently with the server, so
that we don't give us an excuse to not get the samples out in time.
I 'd like to see a good set of samples released so that whenever a
user has a specific question when developing their apps, we have
something to point to.   For example the other day, someone on the
user list wants to run apps per port, great we have a sample to point
to!

A few things we want to think about-

1. Identify the duplicate samples and decide what we need to do about
them.  I am looking closely at the few samples David Jencks has
pointed out as duplicate.

2. Identify the relationship between samples and tutorials.  I started
to see quite a few tutorials out there in our wiki.   I think some of
them provides duplicate functionalities as the samples in the svn
repo.   For example, the tutorial has an example for container managed
persistence with JPA
(http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/container-managed-persistence-with-jpa.html)
and we also have a similar sample on this - customer.   The tutorial
has an example for application managed persistence with JPA
(http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/bean-managed-persistence-with-jpa.html)
and we have 2 similar samples on this - bank and myphonebook.
Personally, I'd like to see the code in svn (no matter if it is
tutorial or sample) and delete the duplicate.

Lin