Hi Ted, good ideas. Actually the GEP already has that type of warning
message.....

jvmWarning={0} is currently only certified on a 1.5 JVM. Use of any other version is not currently supported.

Also, I've opened a task-list JIRA for Java 6 specific problems as you suggest. Could you subtasks for the problem(s) you already know about ?? Thanks

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-466

Ted Kirby wrote:
I have seen a number of problems with particularly new users running
Geronimo with GEP, and having problems.  They switch to Java 5, and
things work for them.  For GEP 2.1.2, which we want to get out ASAP
now that G2.1.2 is released, I think GEP should detect Java 6 when a
Geronimo server is defined, and warn the user of problems, and suggest
they use Java 5.  I am not clear on the Geronimo server's position on
Java6.  My understanding is that Geronimo is certified on Java 5, and
will run on Java 6.  We'll want GEP to support/work on Java6 ASAP.
Perhaps we should have a task-list JIRA for Java 6 issues.

Ted Kirby

Tim McConnell