Let's stay focused on what can be done for the current custom server assemblies support in 2.2 for this thread versus new features, like the server construction kit (which can be done today via c-m-p and the maven repos.)

Need to also think about adding some unit tests in the testsuite to verify the function works automatically for both the console and cmdine.

For the profiles, lets start with 2 or 3, so we can get all of the UI and tests flushed out. I'd still suggest -
   Web (identical to minimal assembly - Servlets+JSP+JSF)
   Web + JMS
If someone wants EJB or JPA, they can use the full assembly until we get additional profiles created and verified.

-Donald

Lin Sun wrote:
Thanks for updating the key function list.

Your big idea is very interesting... Also, It is possible we just
distribute the server construction kit, and a user could just select
profiles/plugins from a remote repo to assemble a desired custom
server.    I wonder if we could revisit this post 2.2, or after we
finish the usability improvement of the custom assembly.

Lin