On Aug 19, 2008, at 6:35 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

Also, on 4/18 David Blevins added this comment in the thread:
"I definitely think our website should remain restricted to committers. I sort of see that as separate from the rest of our spaces. "

I vaguely recall there was a desire to paint all the spaces with the same brush and make them all committer only. So that stance was more an attempt to concede some ground so we could focus the discussion on the rest of the spaces.

Pragmatically, I don't think we even need to restrict the entire GMOxSITE space. If we locked down the Index, SideNav, and the News to committer only access, we could open up the rest of the space.

-David