Sorry for the replying after closing the deadline. I was Out on vacation and
got time to read this now. Not sure if the section on ANT section is still
required in
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.2/RC2/Geronimo_Eclipse_Plugin_2.1.2_Instructions-RC2.txt.
As we are having only one dependency that is *IDE FOR JAVA EE Developers. *

*you can use the ant script (that is based on the one used to build the GEP)
that will download and unzip everything for you. You can get the ant
script here:

    http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.2/RC2/build.xml

After you download the ant script somewhere (preferably in a temp subdirectory)
you can just invoke it for your specific platform using one of these three
commands:

    > ant win32
    > ant linux
    > ant macos

*

Initial releaes however had so many dependencies and it was worthwhile
having a ant script to download all of these

*Eclipse 3.3.1 (Eclipse Classic package of Europa distribution), which is
platform specific
Web Tools Platform (WTP) 2.0.1
Data Tools Platform (DTP) 1.5.1
Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) 2.3.1
Graphical Editing Framework (GEF) 3.3.1*

Thanks
Ashish