Just had a look at the current code, and I want to point a possible problem.
Bear with me if I misunderstood something.
When a command is created from spring, we have the following bean definition:

                <bean
class="org.apache.geronimo.gshell.wisdom.command.CommandImpl">
                    <property name="id" value="gshell-optional:sleep"/>

                    <property name="action">
                        <bean
class="org.apache.geronimo.gshell.commands.optional.SleepCommand"/>
                    </property>
                </bean>

which means that the SleepCommand is bean created from spring as a singleton.
When the command is executed, the bean is populated with the arguments
from the command line and executed.
It seems to me that the design has a flaw in that it is not thread
safe: the same bean will be used to serve multiple commands.
Even more annoying, the bean is not reset to a clean state, meaning
that command arguments will be kept from one
execution to the other if they have not been overriden by the command line.

I think a possible and simple workaround would be to create a new
instance of the bean each time it is executed.
That's what we've done in ServiceMix on the older version of gshell
using the OsgiCommandSupport.
The createCommand() is called and by default create a new instance of
the command to be populated and executed.
If a command has specific wiring or injections, it has to override
this method and populate the new bean after creation.
This is not really clean, but it was working at that time.

Also, another unrelated point, where is the whipser stuff now ? I
could not find it or any replacement in the svn tree ...

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/kernel/trunk/gshell/gshell-core/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/gshell/support/OsgiCommandSupport.java

--
Cheers,