On Sep 19, 2008, at 12:05 PM, David Blevins wrote:

On Sep 18, 2008, at 3:40 PM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:

I would like to be involved too.

But, I don't have any experience with either AntHill or Hudson.

Has anyone used Continuum? Would that be harder/easier to configure and
use than the other two?

The first version of GBuild ran a mashup of Continuum/ActiveMQ/ Maven. No GUI aside from the TCK reports though, it just used the backend part of continuum. It ran fine till the machines got hacked (not related to the testing software).

Essentially the TCK was divided up into several individual build definitions and each of them were put on a JMS queue. Each of the build agents would pull a build definition from the queue, run it via the continuum backend, then send the results onto a JMS topic. There was another agent listening on the topic who would grab the results, add them to the rest of the results then rerun the report tool.

It wouldn't be hard for us to set that up again, we'd just need VMs (the OS kind, not the java kind) on our two boxes so we can get more parallel processing without port conflicts.

Anyone know if there are these kind of VMs setup already?

Yes. Each box has 4 VM's :-) phoebe (tck01-04) and selene (tck05-08).