+1

Thanks Joe!

--kevan

On Sep 29, 2008, at 10:43 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

All,

I've prepared a release candidate of Geronimo Samples 2.1.2 for your review and vote.

This is the first independent release of samples for Geronimo. All together, there are 86 deliverables included in the staging repository. There are many documentation updates necessary which can continue concurrent with (and subsequent to) the vote. The sample wiki documentation is located here: http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/sample-applications.html

I'll say up-front that the samples are still far from perfect. However, I think they are all functional with a few warts. IMO we need to get these released.

The samples can be installed on either a Geronimo 2.1.2 or Geronimo 2.1.3 server image. They should also work on 2.1.4-SNAPSHOT but I personally have not verified using the latest snapshot and that is not a target server. All of the samples are available for installation as plugins and I have created a temporary plugin catalog for your convenience (see directions below).

Staging repo:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/geronimo-samples/

Staging site:
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-site/geronimo-samples/2.1.2/

The svn location is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/tags/samples-parent-2.1.2

Repository for plugin install (same as staging repo):
http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/geronimo-samples/
  - From the console navigation to Plugins
  - select Add Repository
  - paste in my staging repo listed above:
  - click Add
  - Select the newly added repository from the drop down list
  - click "Show Plugins in selected repository"
  - You should see the samples plugins listed.

When the release vote is approved, the maven artifacts will be moved
to the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository at Apache and the maven site will be published.

The vote is open for 72 hours and will conclude on 10/02/2008 at 11:00 PM ET.

[ ] +1 Release Geronimo Samples 2.1.2
[ ] 0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release Geronimo Samples 2.1.2 (please provide rationale)

Joe