On Dec 9, 2008, at 6:26 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

One of 2 good questions...

The ${activemqString} was put in there by Jencks, so I just kept using it, but it should probably be removed.

Also, I don't like the renaming to activemq5-* for our modules/cars, as now both our Samples and user apps will have to be updated to use the new CAR names....

If there are no objections, I'll delete the old activemq plugins and rename the activemq5 plugins, so we don't break everyone.

I strongly object. I'm still in the middle of working on this stuff so even if I don't have any local uncommitted changes your unilateral renames are going to cost me several hours rearranging my development environment. I also think that there are good reasons to name the integration code including the version of the integrated code. I'm not convinced we will actually be able to get amq 5 into g 2.2 by mid- january. I think there's value in letting people know which version of the integrated product they are using. We did this for jetty6 and I think it works OK. I think the latest actions on this were with jetty6 so the precedent is to use different names for different versions. Changing this policy IMO ought to be discussed. Finally I think we may want to support both amq 4 and 5 for 2.2.

What immediate problems was this causing you that you couldn't wait for discussion? Since when is one hour sufficient time for discussion on a change of this magnitude?

no thanks
david jencks

-Donald

Jarek Gawor wrote:
If we are switching to activemq5 why do we need this $ {activemqString}
substitution?
Jarek