Hi Kevan, that's probably a good/safe idea, plus I don't think the maximum bound needs to be very large. At least not for the BIRT engine failing scenario; if I remember correctly it was only searching for -- but not finding -- a few hundred resources. I don't think we'd necessarily require another class though, seems like we can impose the bound easily enough and still benefit from the efficiencies of the HashSet.....

Kevan Miller wrote:
Hmm. Is there a HashCache or BoundedHashSet, or similar? Something that would limit the maximum number of unknown resources that we'll try to remember... Otherwise, we'll try to allocate an infinite amount of memory if somebody is silly enough to search for an infinite number of non-existent resources...