On Feb 17, 2009, at 9:09 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

On Feb 16, 2009, at 5:50 PM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:

Hello all,

I did some work on trying to get a 2.0.3 release that would:
a) build - sucess!
b) pass the TCK - Massive failure (over 5000 tests)

So, considering that we have a 2.1.x and 2.2.x codestream in progress
with JEE6 breathing down our necks - I have been officially pushed into the 'we should probably just document what it takes to upgrade' group.

Are there any folks who truly need to stay on 2.0?

Or would it be reasonable to make a pronouncement that the 2.0.x
codestream is no longer going to be maintained - even for bug fixes and
security issues?

Thoughts/comments?

(I'll start documenting the libraries/jars that have changed or been
removed - we will need that regardless)

There should be discussion of this on our user list. Could you start a discussion there?

I'm ok with this. Confess that I'm a bit curious about why we'd have tck failures. I don't have a big issue with it, but in general we don't discuss tck specifics (including numbers of tests, etc) on a public list.

Jay,
FYI, I checked back on our automated test results. February 4th is when we started seeing test failures on branches/2.0. So the following commits are the likely causes of the problems: