On Nov 13, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Fei LI wrote:

> Yes, I vote for it strongly. But if IBM takes an anti-Oracle position, then I
> do not know.

That's not how it works in an Apache community. If users are interested in the
capability and someone in the community is interested in developing (and
supporting) it, barring architectural/technical/legal objections, it will
happen. A plugin, on it's own, would not generate much in the way of
architectural/technical objections... If the plugin was driving a lot of
changes in other parts of the server, then there might be some objections. But,
I doubt that would happen... So, assuming there aren't legal/licensing issues,
there's nothing preventing this...

Perhaps you're interested in helping to develop it? ;-)