David,

I just ran into this problem with system-database plugin and a rar
module. During deployment a right Bundle-Classpath entry was added for
the rar module to the car manifest entry. However, after deployment,
car-maven-plugin in archive-car goal overwrote the manifest entry with
its own data which did not include the Bundle-Classpath entry. I
committed a tiny fix for this problem but obviously we need to improve
how the car deployment is done or update the car-maven-plugin.

The good news is that with that tiny fix I was able to deploy the
system-database plugin and see that the derby database was created ok.
However, I'm not sure what happens if some other module tries to use
the system-database plugin.

Jarek