From: Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Sent: Wed, February 17, 2010 9:23:51 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release OpenJPA-2.0.0-beta plugins for Geronimo 2.1.3 -
2.1.5 servers - RC3

Thanks for pulling this together Donald.

I deployed this plugin into a 2.1.4 server image and attempted to install some
of the Geronimo samples (last released for Geronimo 2.1.2).  The deployment of
the samples failed because of a missing dependency on the openjpa 2.1.2 car.
It seems that you included aliases mapping to the new car for openjpa 2.1.3
through 2.1.5-SNAPSHOT ... but for some reason didn't include one for 2.1.2.
This is unfortunate because the only released samples we have for 2.1.* have
2.1.2 dependencies and as a result the sample 2.1.2 plugins cannot be installed
in a 2.1.* image after upgrading to openjpa2.  Would it be possible to spin a
new image that includes the 2.1.2 alias entries?

Joe