On Apr 5, 2010, at 11:18 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We prepared some samples regarding Jave EE 6 new features, so far including
> these:

Hi Forrest,
Cool. It's not quite clear to me how much work has been done and who has done
the work. I'm now wondering if this is significant enough that it should be a
software grant. Perhaps you can create  Jira and post as a patch?

<snip>

> Or just add them directly under samples? As you can see that some Java EE 6
> samples are based on existing ones(such as calculator). I personally prefer
> the former, since it gives user a clear view about where to look for Java EE
> 6 samples.

Donald's list/grouping seems reasonable. Although I'm not sure that we have to
provide redundant EE5 samples to demonstrate compatibility...

> 2. Shall we turn all of these samples into OSGi bundles? or just make Java EE
> 6 ones as bundles and keep existing ones unchanged?

We need to be clear to our users that they do not need to turn EE artifacts
into bundles. We should also provide samples that demonstrate some of the
advantages/alternatives of OSGi.