I just did an experiment to see if the ActiveMQ 5.3.1 release could be used for the 3.0 M1 release. The results were not good. The build failed fairly quickly because the 5.3.1 bundles are importing the annotation packages using [1.0,1.1), which makes them incompatible with the 1.1 version of the annotation classes required for java ee 6. So, it appears we need to either repackage the 5.3.1 bundles to change the imports or create a special snapshot version of activemq for the M1. Any opinions on which way we should be going with this?

Rick