Thanks Rex. But the same error occur.

Upgrading -Xmx and -XX:MaxPermSize may solve the out of memory problem, but
the point is the environment variable MAVEN_OPTS got changed (from
"-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m" to "-Xmx512m") during geronimo build, and
my setting doesn't take effect to solve the out of memory.

Is MAVEN_OPTS reset somewhere when building geronimo?

--
Best regards,

Han Hong Fang