On Oct 14, 2010, at 7:48 PM, Ted Kirby wrote:

> Thanks Shawn and Janet.  I switched to Sun JDK, and not only got by
> this problem, but, after a couple others, I got a successful build!
> WooHoo!
>
> I was getting the error with JRE 1.6.0 IBM Windows 32 build
> pwi3260sr7-20091217_01 (SR7).  Do we support building only with Sun
> JDK?

Umm. No. I can't think why we'd say that. Would seem there are two
possibilities:

1) IBM JDK has more strict validation and we should fix our source (I'm not
sure if Shawn and Janet are using Sun or IBM JDK), or
2) There's a compiler bug

Google 'inconvertible types' and you'll get a number of hits for compiler bugs
in this area. Your IBM JDK is nearly a year old. I'd guess there's a decent
chance that upgrading would fix your problem.