On May 20, 2011, at 5:12 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On May 20, 2011, at 12:04 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>
>> Hi David B,
>>
>> Can you help change the buildbot a little bit?
>>
>> We locally build the geronimo trunk is very slow cause there is always new
>> geronimo snapshot artifacts to download. So can you please help disable the
>> deploy step for geronimo trunk build?
>
> Can you explain your problem a bit more? That should only be a problem once a
> day, IIUC. IMO, the auto-deploy is very nice to have. Would hate to see it
> go... If you're having slow internet problems, a local nexus/artifactory/etc
> repo might speed up your builds quite a bit (regardless of snapshot deploys).

I agree with kevan, I think it is very useful to the community to have up to
date snapshots always available.

With the various branches I've been working on locally I ran into the problem
of too many downloads of snapshots I didn't want very seriously, but solved it
by configuring my local nexus not to download any geronimo snapshots.  This can
be done easily in nexus using a routing rule.

thanks
david jencks