On Jun 16, 2011, at 10:12 AM, Russell E Glaue wrote:

> On 06/13/2011 01:24 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 13, 2011, at 2:15 PM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>>
>>> Simply waiting for uddi guys to push 3.1.0-snapshot out to apache snapshot
>>> repo seems not work, cause juddi guys pushed one 3.1.0-snapshot there
>>> already, just they add a classifier "jaxws21" into the artifact jar file
>>> name.
>>>
>>> You can see
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/juddi/uddi-ws/3.1.0-SNAPSHOT/
>>>
>>> So we may need to find other options to make our server build work:
>>> 1. Check out juddi code and build it before server build
>>> 2. Publish some juddi artifacts into
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/repo/, and make dependecies point
>>> to the self-defined version.
>>> 3. Continue asking and waiting for juddi guys to push out a normal uddi-ws
>>> artifacts to apache snapshot repo
>>>
>>> What's your thoughts?
>>
>> 4. Temporarily move back to JUDDI 3.0.5? I'm not sure of all of the
>> implications. But assume we could live with any temporary UDDI regressions...
>>
>> --kevan
>
> Was there a decision made on this?
> Can we build a 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT, put it into a local repository (or your option
> #2), and essentially use a "frozen" snapshot until the juddi team starts
> pushing
> normal uddi-ws artifacts again?
>
> We can rebuild the snapshot if anything significant develops.

FYI --
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/juddi-dev/201106.mbox/%3c4df761d0.4040...@gmail.com%3e

I have no idea why somebody in the JUDDI project didn't push a SNAPSHOT to help
enable other projects, in the meantime.

I'd do #2, if I could build 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT, which I can't... Is anybody able to
build juddi trunk?