As to the server to serve as snapshot repository, I think we may use
people.apache.org, which currently hosts

GEP staging update site:  /www/
people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/updates
GEP production update site: /www/
www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/updates

we may create a similar folder somewhere on people.apache.org, and then
upload the necessary files into the folder.

--
Best regards,

Han Hong Fang (Janet)
hanhongfang AT apache.org