On Feb 9, 2012, at 8:54 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> Thank you for this information.
>
> My home network is a little bit slow to open the urls, whatever, some
> questions first in my mind first, what's the impact to our geronimo web site?
> will need to move https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/site/ to another
> server to use svnpubsub?
>
> Any impact to our documentation system - confluence?

Forrest,
One minor point, please don't cross-post to public and private mailing lists…
Not a big danger, here, but it's a good habit to avoid… In general
cross-posting can lead to somebody saying something "private" on a "public"
mailing list… Plus, there's no reason for any discussions on this topic to be
on private@… The original email went to private@ to insure the PMC had
appropriate awareness.

I think the websites do a pretty good job of explaining things… In general, all
website content needs to be in svn. Content will no longer be sync'ed from
people.apache.org. As Joe's email mentions, we can continue to use Confluence
(though some migration/reconfiguration will be required). However, Confluence
is likely to be an uphill battle (at some point, infra is going to stop
supporting Confluence). We may well be better off using CMS. At a minimum, we
definitely need to investigate/discuss moving to CMS.