+1 (non binding)

Regards
JB

On 08/31/2017 09:43 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
+1

    Picking this up and pushing it further!

    After discussing this topic many times and finding no one willing to spend
    time to actively evolve nor even maintain the Geronimo Server part I'd say
    we should finally call a VOTE:

    This is a VOTE to announce the EOL the Geronimo Server parts, mostly
    * https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/
    <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/>
    * https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/gshell/
    <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/gshell/>

    We will also have to update our site, moving most of the current stuff to a
    'legacy' area and rework it to focus on the new project agenda: to serve
    common EE components for other ASF projects.

    We also have a directory which contains binaries (jars) which don't even
    have a license information.
    We should absolutely get rid of them anyway from our repo!
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/repository/
    <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/repository/>

    Note that this vote is only about the Geroniom Server but NOT about the
    shared components.
    Those components will be further maintained - or moved to a different
    project later.

    This includes, but is not limited to, the following Geronimo parts:
    * the specs
    * genesis (parents for xbean and specs)
    * xbean
    * the components javamail, transaction, config
    Those parts WILL STAY,

    So please VOTE:

    [+1] Publicly announce that the Geroniom Server is EOL (End of Life) and
    will not further be maintained but that the Geronimo Project will from now
    on focus on reusable Java Enterprise components.

    [+0] meh, I don't care

    [-1] Nope, stop I need the Geronimo Server and I will ACTIVELY help to
    maintain and evolve it in the future!

    Here is my +1

    LieGrue,
    strub

    <mailto:strub...@yahoo.de>> a écrit :
     > Or do we need another formal vote?
     >
     > If we are all on the same boat, when, how and who is drafting the
    Announcement?

--
Guillaume Nodet

--