See this note on our activation thread.  Long story short, our version 1.1 is
legitimate and the exact version expected for Java EE 8 on Java 8.

 -
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/89f81b0584dffca7d979a4fdedc6fe7b4f3c547848b0159b1702857e@<dev.tomee.apache.org>

On JavaMail, my recommendation would be to update asap, but not hold up the
TomEE 8.0.0 final release.

IMHO, we should try to be vote-ready on Friday.  If we can get it done in that
time, cool.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins