Yes, that's a sane approach.
EPL just requires us to have it mentioned in every downstream NOTICE iiuc.

From the EPL v2 [1]
----
3.1 If a Contributor Distributes the Program in any form, then:
        • a) the Program must also be made available as Source Code, in
accordance with section 3.2, and the Contributor must accompany the Program
with a statement that the Source Code for the Program is available under this
Agreement, and informs Recipients how to obtain it in a reasonable manner on or
through a medium customarily used for software exchange; and...
----

For TomEE we'd need to add it to our NOTICE for example, right [2]?

This is likely not a problem for TomEE, but might be something to know if some
project has a fat-jar approach. In this case this weak-copyleft semantic also
spreads over to the customer project. Not a show-stopper, but something to
consider.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-2.0/