Hi,

I was wondering which is the best place for parameters passed to algorithms.
I am referring to parameters that are the same for all the vertexes and
need to be accessed at runtime (e.g. max num of supersteps).

One way is to read them from the conf in the first superstep and save them
in memory in the vertex.
However this solution is wasteful in terms of memory, as it replicates the
same value multiple times.

Another solution is to read them from the conf every time, but this
requires reparsing them each time.

The WorkerContext looks the right place to put this kind of data.
However there is no way (I know of) to access the configuration from the
WorkerContext.
Am I correct?

Would it be difficult to implement this change?
Are there reasons why it is not in place already?

Cheers,
--
Gianmarco