Hi Jay,

You can use Gobblin-as-a-Service with Gobblin-cluster. Jobs can be created in
GaaS through a REST call or through a git monitor. GaaS will then send the job
spec to the cluster through kafka.

On the cluster side the jobs received through kafka are put into a JobCatalog.

If you would like to use the cluster without kafka then you can change the
JobCatalog type to one that monitors the job conf path.

The default for 'gobblin.cluster.job.catalog' is
'org.apache.gobblin.runtime.job_catalog.NonObservingFSJobCatalog' which does
not monitor the path and is intended to be used with the kafka job monitor.

You can set 'gobblin.cluster.job.catalog' to
'org.apache.gobblin.runtime.job_catalog.FSJobCatalog' to use a job catalog that
monitors an FS path.

I haven't tried the config above. We have only used the cluster only with an
initial set of files in the job conf dir or dynamic jobs through kafka. Also,
there is no way to disable the JobConfigurationManager, so it will submit the
initial set of jobs on startup.

Hung.