Sorry to take so freaking long to answer this.
I was thinking on Henry's solution i.e. hard code the default parameter in
an "abstract implementation" of the specific tests, and say that if someone
wants to modify these tests, then it should do it without updating the hard
coded value. This is only for testing purposes of course. This being said,
we could even create two tests, one for inclusive and another one for
exclusive keys.

Renato M.