Github user renato2099 commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/gora/pull/61#issuecomment-215258302

    it's pretty cool stuff @djkevincr ! But I think we need to go over it. My
main concern is the addition of the clearField method to the Persistent class.
Two main thoughts on it:
    - We should try to keep the main Persistent API as stable as possible
because we have some dependencies on it e.g. goraCompiler, and therefore all
the avro generated beans we create from it.
    - This method is proposed for clearing the values of MemStore. So it would
seem that only MemStore needs it. So I am not sure we need to add it to main
API. Why don't we use a method like getPersistent? What do you guys think
@lewismc @djkevincr ?
    The other thing that I think we need to change is how the deleteByQuery is
working now. I mean it's great that is not breaking anymore :D but I think we
need and IfElse stmt after the if(allFields) because if we have deleted the
specific key, then why do we need to iterate through the fields?

---
with INFRA.
---