Hi.

I have two questions about the Kudu mapping file, so hopefully you guys can
help me out.

1) The decimal data type in Kudu is parameterizable [1]. "The decimal type
is a parameterized type that takes precision and scale type attributes.".

For instace. It could be decimal(5, 2). I could not find something similar
in other datastores. So how should I be mapping this in the xml file?.

<field name="someField" column="someColumn" type="decimal(5,2)"/>
or
<field name="someField" column="someColumn" type="decimal" precision="5"
scale="2"/>
or something else? What do you suggest?

2) Within the table creation statement in Kudu some partition
configurations can be added, mainly the partition strategy (range/hash) and
its parameters [2]. So this configuration should be added in the mapping
file?

[1] https://kudu.apache.org/docs/schema_design.html#decimal
[2]
https://kudu.apache.org/docs/schema_design.html#hash-range-partitioning-example