On 01/08/2013, at 6:24 AM, Luke Daley <luke.da...@gradleware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What's the long term plan for this guy? At the moment its implementation is
> to build everything that is part of the “archives” configuration, so it seems
> the original intent was “build all the outputs”.
>
> Does this hold with the new publishing stuff?

Not yet. The implementation probably needs a re-think. Possibly we should
change it to build all non-test components that can be built on the current
machine, and possibly just a single variant for each such component. Plus
anything in `archives` for backwards compatibility. At some point adding
artefacts to configurations will be deprecated and that will go away.

Or we might split it up into something like: a lifecycle task that builds every
variant that can be built for all non-test things, and a lifecycle task to
build a single 'development' variant of each non-test thing. In other words,
"build everything that you can" and "build me something I can play with".

Either way, there would be some finer grained lifecycle tasks for each
component that you can wire up however you like.

--
Adam Murdoch
Gradle Co-founder