Hi,

It just dawned on me that shouldRunAfter() will allow us to provide a better
feedback experience for multi project builds. This is not a new idea, but I'd
not considered it for this purpose.

I am frequently frustrated when working on multi project builds when an
upstream module successfully compiles, but fails a quality check.

Say A depends on B. When I `build` my project, this happens…

1. compile B
2. compile & check A
3. check B

If B has a checkstyle issue or a defect, I'd like to know this before trying to
compile A. Otherwise, I now have to change B and then recompile A.

From memory, maven reactor builds already work this way.

--
Luke Daley
Principal Engineer, Gradleware