Hey!

>throws an exception if a dependency cannot be resolved.

getResolvedConfiguration() should not throw an exception if some dependency
cannot be resolved. It is, however, thrown when you try to access artifacts
via getResolvedArtifacts()

Not sure what's the deal with try/catch issue, never heard about such
problem.

Take a look at getResolvedConfiguration().getLenientConfiguration() method
- might be useful for your use case :)

Cheers!

--
Szczepan Faber