I like the idea of removing support for running Gradle with Java 1.5. While
I don't have requirements for compiling with 1.5 myself, I think a key
feature that could help is a better abstraction to allow people to run
Gradle with a different JDK than the one running Gradle.

There are options to do this in Gradle now, but I'd like it to get to the
point where I just say "compile this with Oracle 1.5" and it knows where to
get the JDK from on my machine.

On a related note, I would love to be able to run my build with Gradle 1.8,
but compile my plugins against Gradle 1.0 (or some other combination).
Right now, I have to dig into the wrapper internals to do this.

Andy