On 27 Mar 2014, at 11:25 am, Kallin Nagelberg <kallin.nagelb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I'm looking to contribute some work on the intellij plugin, and am having
> difficulties building gradle in intellij itself.
>
> The problem is that 'InProcessGradleExecuter' of the 'internalIntegTesting'
> project depends on 'TestFiles' of 'core'. However, testfiles is a test file,
> and so inprocessgradleexecutor doesn't see it in intellij since it's a main
> source.
>
> I can workaround this by operating on the command line, but running tests in
> the IDE would make my life easier. Anyone else encounter this?

I think everyone encounters this, and everyone has a different magic
incantation to make it work. Here’s what I do:

- run ./gradlew idea
- open the project in IDEA. I’m using IDEA 12, I’ve not managed to get 13 to
work yet.
- open the project preferences, and for the ‘internalIntegTesting’ and
‘internalTesting’ projects change the production source directories so that
they are test source directories instead.
- run build in IDEA. I usually have to run this a couple of times for it to
work.

Following this, things seem to work fine. Until they don’t, when you start
again. Sometimes you need to rebuild in IDEA, sometimes not.

--
Adam Murdoch
Gradle Co-founder

Join us for Gradle Summit 2014, June 12th and 13th in Santa Clara, CA:
http://www.gradlesummit.com