Hi,

Most of our builds depend on dynamic versions of internal plugins that come
from our internal Artifactory. This way we can easily update builds without
having to change many repos, and it’s all very nice. Except for caching.

The default cache timeout of 24 hours is messing with us a lot. It means that
if I deploy a new version of an internal plugin, some people will get the
update sometime later today, others only tomorrow. So I need to be on alert for
the whole 24 hours to see if there was a problem, or ask everyone (there’s
always somebody not listening) to run a build with --refresh-dependencies.

It would make a lot more sense to me if the cache could be set to expire at a
certain point in time, say, the next time the clock hits 5AM, so everybody
would get the update in the morning.

I can do this with the current tools by calculating the number of seconds until
the next 5AM, but it looks weird.

I was wondering if there was some best practice on how to do this better. Or if
this is a good approach, would it make sense to have some DSL in Gradle to
express “cache until 5AM” more easily?

Thanks.

--
Lóránt Pintér