On 22 August 2014 at 4:36:06 pm, Peter Ledbrook (pe...@cacoethes.co.uk) wrote:

> Have you tried convention mapping to the root spec?
>
> https://github.com/gradle/gradle/blob/master/subprojects/core/src/main/groovy/org/gradle/api/tasks/AbstractCopyTask.java#L96-96
>

> This is internal API, but you’re already in this hole with convention
> mappings.

Does that mean convention mappings aren't the correct approach?
This is one of the problems with convention mapping yes.

haven't seen an alternative mechanism, although directly assigning the
extension property to the task property seems to be working for now.
I'm just not sure whether it will continue to work.
The problem you’ll have here is that you are now sharing this map around. If
it’s changed in one place it’s going to be changed everywhere.