Hi All,

With the 0.3.0-incubating release officially out, the Apache Griffin
community and its mentors believe it is time to consider graduation to the
TLP.

Apache Griffin entered incubation in December of 2016, since then, the
Griffin
community learned a lot about how to do things in Apache ways. Now we have
a healthy and engaged community, ready to help with all questions from the
Griffin community. We delivered five releases, now we can do self-driving
releases in good cadence. The PPMC has demonstrated a good understanding of
growing the community by electing 9 individuals as committers and PPMC
members.
The PPMC addressed the maturity issues one by one followed by
Apache Project Maturity Model, currently all the License and IP issues are
resolved.
This demonstrated our understanding of ASF's IP policies.

All in all, I believe this project is qualified as a true TLP and we should
recognize this fact by formally awarding it such a status. This thread
means to open up the very same discussion that we had among the mentors and
Griffin community to the rest of the IPMC. It is a DISCUSS thread so feel
free
to ask questions.

To get you all going, here are a few data points which may help:

Project status:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/griffin.html

Project website:
http://griffin.incubator.apache.org/

Project documentation:
http://griffin.incubator.apache.org/docs/quickstart.html
http://griffin.incubator.apache.org/docs/download.html

Maturity assessment:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GRIFFIN/ASF+Maturity+Evaluation

DRAFT of the board resolution is at the bottom of this email

Proposed PMC size: 18 members

Total number of committers: 18 members

PMC affiliation (* indicated chair):

 - eBay * (7)
 - Meituan (1)
 - VMWare (1)
 - Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (1)
 - NetEase (1)
 - ASF (1)
 - Pingan Bank (1)
 - Satori Software (1)
 - Grid Dynamics (1)
 - JD.com (1)
 - IBM (1)
 - Huawei (1)

452 commits on develop
431 PR”s on GitHub
30 contributors across all branches

200 issues created
195 issues resolved

dev list averaged ~20 msgs/month over last 12 months

committer affiliations:

active

* eBay
* meituan
* VMWare
* Grid Dynamics

occasional

 * Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
 * NetEase
 * ASF
 * Pingan Bank
 * Satori Software
 * JD.com
 * IBM
 * Huawei

Thanks,
William

**Notes:**

* I'm proposing myself as initial PMC chair -- Please comment this or
propose other persons as well

* This draft includes all existing PPMC members and mentors into the new
PMC.

- For all: please indicate if you want to keep being part of the
PMC or if you prefer to be removed.

----------

## Resolution to create a TLP from graduating Incubator podling

X. Establish the Apache Griffin Project

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
the public, related to a data quality solution for big data,
including both streaming and batch mode. It offers an unified
process to measure data quality from different perspectives.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Griffin Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Griffin Project be and hereby is
related to a data quality solution for big data,
including both streaming and batch mode. It offers an unified
process to measure data quality from different perspectives;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Griffin" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Griffin Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Griffin Project; and be it further

Apache Griffin Project:

* Alex Lv <ale...@apache.org>
* Deyi Yao <dy...@apache.org>
* Eugene Liu <liu...@apache.org>
* Grant Guo <xu...@apache.org>
* He Wang <wan...@apache.org>
* Henry Saputra <hsapu...@apache.org>
* Jason Liao <jasonl...@apache.org>
* John Liu <john...@apache.org>
* Juan Li <icesmartj...@apache.org>
* Liang Shao <liangs...@apache.org>
* Lionel Liu <lionel...@apache.org>
* Luciano Resende <lrese...@apache.org>
* Nick Sokolov <nsoko...@apache.org>
* Shawn Sha <yo...@apache.org>
* Uma Maheswara Rao Gangumalla <umamah...@apache.org>
* Vincent Zhao <wenz...@apache.org>
* William Guo <gu...@apache.org>
* Yuqin Xuan <xua...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that William Guo
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Griffin, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Griffin PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Griffin Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Griffin Project be and hereby
Incubator Griffin podling; and be it further

Incubator Griffin podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.