Because Gradle can't cope with executing on Zulu 9 :-( I have to run Gradle on
Zulu 8, but I can still execute on Zulu 9, well except for Groovy :-((

It looks like someone is assuming /bin/sh is actually Bash in the launch
scripts for groovy:

|> groovy -version
/home/users/russel/lib/JDK/groovy/bin/groovy: 281:
/home/users/russel/lib/JDK/groovy/bin/groovy: [[: not found
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by
org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass
(file:/home/users/russel/lib/JDK/groovy/lib/groovy-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) to
method java.lang.Object.finalize()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedClass
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Groovy Version: 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT JVM: 9.0.0.15 Vendor: Azul Systems, Inc. OS:
Linux

I am unsure whether to suggest switching to Bash for launch or ensuring no
Bash features in the scripts.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net