We're considering supporting Groovy as an additional scripting language to our
web gallery software jAlbum (http://jalbum.net <http://jalbum.net/>), but one
aspect bugs me: It doesn't seem like import statements are remembered between
script invocations. This makes it far harder to use Groovy to prototype UIs
within jAlbum's scripting console than for instance BeanShell (using the
javax.script API). We currently support the slow BeanShell scripting language
and JavaScript. BeanShell behaves well in this regard, remembering earlier
imported packages between script invocations. Can this be added to Groovy or is
there some API flag we can set?

Regards
/David, jAlbum founder and client lead developer.