And again, because apparently MacMail is MUCH smarter than I am...

Sending this again because my mail program keeps insisting on changing the
From: address... apologies if this gets double posted.

-1 on all proposals that introduce new reserved words that do not have a strong
justification and use case.  The only thing `fin` and `bool` will do is
potentially conflict with existing variable/method names in programs with
little other benefit.  One of my biggest pet peeve's with Python is how they
have polluted the namespace with short names I like to use as variable names
(dict, list, etc).  Let's not do this with Groovy.

Just my two cents.
Keith

> On Jul 22, 2018, at 4:57 PM, Jennifer Strater <jenn.stra...@gmail.com
> <mailto:jenn.stra...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi mg,
>
> I also don't like the 'fin' proposal, but I could get behind 'bool'. It's
> shorter but doesn't lose the meaning. It also makes it easier for people
> coming from other programming languages.
>
> Best,
> Jenn
>  <https://twitter.com/codejennerator>  <https://linkedin.com/in/jennstrater>
>
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 11:39 PM, MG <mg...@arscreat.com
> <mailto:mg...@arscreat.com>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since things are going so well with my "fin" = "final" proposal, I propose
> that Groovy support "bool" as a shortcut for "boolean".
>
> "boolean" is already seeing large scale use by Groovy developers, "bool"
> instead of "boolean" saves nearly half of the keyword's characters, "bool" is
> used in C++, it fits better with the also widely used "int", and Groovy 3.0
> is the ideal opportunity to introduce such language extensions.
>
> Cheers,
> mg

Keith Suderman
Research Associate