Am 22.10.2018 um 22:34 schrieb Guillaume Laforge:
Damn, MG will tell me again I'm reacting negatively to Daniel's ideas but... :-)

No, no - it's not a knee jerk reaction. In this case I see both points, and am torn on what I would prefer...

(Generally speaking, while having a "regex string literal syntax" in Groovy is great and I use it quite a bit, I always thought that using the slash delmiter for this was alas not a good choice, so if breaking changes are on the table, I would consider fading out slashy strings in favor of a different syntax. I am also high on Jochen's suggestion to streamline/unify the different string syntax varieties in Groovy...)

Cheers,
mg