> Gesendet: Sonntag, 04. November 2018 um 01:43 Uhr
> Von: "Thibault Kruse" <tibokr...@googlemail.com>
> An: dev@groovy.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: About the enhanced version of `Properties`, i.e. `GProperties`
[...]
> If not, that would leave importing and interpolation, but as I said
> there is already an apache commons project doing exactly that, so
> reusing it instead of reinventing wheels may be the better approach,
> if this kind of feature should be offered by Groovy.

For me there are certain situations in which not reusing might be important:
(1) library size (common-configuration2 is 590K plus dependencies)
(2) requiring only a small part of the library
(3) special integration is targeted
(4) library is not keeping up with new versions in its dependencies
(5) dependencies are known to cause often conflicts

for example Guava is a nice library, but I would not want to add 2.6MB for a
single feature of it.

bye Jochen