Dear community,

Regarding important issues to fix in Groovy 3.0, I would raise your
attention to the problem that currently Groovy does not allow the
overriding of the toString and equals methods for custom collection object
i.e. Set, List, Map.

I've raised several times this problem in the past and though the community
agreed that this is an important limitation, there was not consensus on the
solution. Groovy 3.0 could be a good opportunity to have this problem
solved. I've opened an issue including a possible solution.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9003

Hope you will take in consideration for the next Groovy major release.

Cheers,
Paolo