I have been using org.codehaus.groovy.tools.GroovyStarter to launch the Groovy
Console.  Now that groovy-all has been removed in Groovy 2.5+, I was looking to
use the --conf option of GroovyStarter to try and bootstrap the Groovy
Console's dependencies.  It looks like the "load" keyword can be used to
specify an individual jar.  However, I'm looking for something like @Grab
provides for scripts.  The "grab" keyword is mentioned:
https://groovy.apache.org/wiki/GEP-9.html (see Configuring a Groovy
Installation).

Looking at org.codehaus.groovy.tools.RootLoader, it seems that the "grab"
keyword is supported only in very basic terms.  Given a directive like "grab
org.codehaus.groovy:groovy-ui:2.5.7", it builds a file URL like
"file://${groovy.home}/repo/org.codehaus.groovy/groovy-ui/jars/groovy-ui-2.5.7.jar"
 and adds it to the classpath.  There is no actual grabbing of the dependency
or any of its transitive dependencies.

Is this feature in use by anyone?  Is it incomplete or abandoned?