Hi Paolo,

When stubs are being generated, the first stubs generation will probably
miss cache, but the performance of Parrot parser relies on its cache
heavily, so it will run faster and faster while cache is filled fuller and
fuller, which is the reason why antlr4 recommends NEVER clear its cache.

In this case, I suggest enable gradle's build cache, it will run slower at
the first time and the subsequent building will be faster.

It takes about 81.572s to generate stubs for :nextflow module with Parrot
parser for the first time, but IntelliJ IDEA takes more than 5 minutes to
build, I think JetBrains team should address the cause.

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

-----
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member