Thank you for chiming in, Cos.

I actually read Jenn's comment to mean the IT community in general, not
this project.
In general I am a big fan of blaming myself first to try and learn, rather
than seeking to blame outside factors, but I would not recommend that you
try to take personal responsibility for the very low percentage of for
example female engineers, female managers, or people of color in IT in
general.
We can only try to be aware of the biases that we inevitably have, and make
our projects and interactions as welcoming as possible.
I joined this project fairly recently, so I wasn't there when you were
mentoring, but I am sure you did a great job.

Remko