My case for `with` and `tap` is that in both cases they're immensely
useful as general pipeline operations, and being able* to use
`with(Foo::transform)` but not `with(Foo.transform(param))` is
inconsistent and has been an in-real-use frustration for my current
project. Where the Closure is explicitly manipulated it certainly
makes sense to keep that overload first-class.

What's the Apache process for doing this? I know how to open a ticket
(heh), but can I just open a GitHub PR against apache/groovy? Looks
like putting GROOVY-ABCD in the commit summary will auto-link it.

--
Christopher Smith