On 29.06.23 19:28, Christopher Smith wrote:
One note I'll add is that while Lombok was presented as an example of a
Java annotation processor, it really isn't—it's a monkey-patch of javac
itself, as otherwise annotation processors can't modify classes, just
add new ones.

I am actually aware of that... they even have different "hacks" for
javac and jdt. Sadly lombok is for me one of the most used annotation
processors and I would not like to dispose of it in Java files I cannot
replace with Groovy

Regarding "regular" annotation processors, it would be
possible to implement the javax.annotation.processing interfaces to
resolve from the Groovy AST structures, though this would be decidedly
non-trivial.

Why do you think that this would be non-trivial?

bye Jochen