Hi,

We have those dgm helper methods we generate at build time. They are
originally used as part of the callsite caching to have less reflection
for the invocation. Accordingly they are meta methods with an invoke
method. But we are now using invokedynamic and for this we actually
would need a MethodHandle instead.

There is also dgminfo to consider, which is basically a serialized map
version of our default groovy methods using DGM. I would keep that of
course, but I think the old GeneratedMethod is maybe not the right thing.

Do we want to do something in that area for Groovy 5?

bye Jochen